Thursday 9 July 2009

i forgot...passport update


Right, passport...turns out European passport pictures are smaller than our oh-so-blue counterparts. Everything really is bigger in the states. But that meant that I had to retake my photos, unprepared, early in the morning, with bad hair...and in the process I broke the machine. Because I'm really good with machines. But the repair guy was awesome, and funny, and fixed the "apartment connection failure" message lickity-split. And in the process told me all about gezzeligheid, but I wasn't really listening so I can't tell you all about it, but I'm sure you can imagine what it means...and it had nothing to do with sneezing.

Anyway, someday soon I'll have a shiny new passport. 14 months before I had to get one, but it will have a picture in it where I don't look like a terrorist, and I'll have the honor of having bad hair and a hoodie on until I'm 41. Which I'm sure I'll still be wearing anyway. And in the meantime I have so many ID photos I could get train passes and museum cards and college IDs for every major city in Western Europe...hmmm...maybe I'll do that on Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment