Friday 22 July 2011

It's hot in the countryside

It's been a crazy month.

July 4th in Maryland, eating as many crabs as I could with the family, then whisked off to a fabulous wedding cum mini-RISD reunion in Sonoma, to finally end up in Dutchess County, New York at a residency in the middle of nowhere.

It's been a crazy good month.

It's great up here, hotter than balls, but from what I hear it's hotter than balls everywhere in the Northeast, and I have the freshest organic produce (that we helped grow and harvest) to eat, chickens to pet (when I do venture outside) and a lake nearby to cool off in (while working on my suntan). Oh, and art to make.  I'm off at  chaNorth, a great little residency that normally last a month, but I'm here for only 2 weeks.

Here's an image of my hectic little studio space, and when I'm not melting I'll post a few pictures of what I'm working on...it's just too hot to do that right now...

No comments:

Post a Comment