Friday 18 February 2011

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Just to prove to all of you that I'm one of the greatest friends of all time, I present this exhibit of awesomeness:


Bleeding Heart Cakes from Lili Vanilli (www.lilyvanilli.com/)


Kelly McCallum, the awesome friend that I'm staying with while I'm in London (making this whole trip possible) saw a blog post about these amazing cakes that look like human hearts and then you cut them open and they bleed red raspberry and currant wonderfulness.  And she was so excited about them that I tried to get a few for Valentine's Day...but poor Lili was completely sold out.


Well, a lesser friend would go, 'hey, I tried..."


But I'm an awesome friend...and 22 e-mails and 2 days later I found myself in the possession of 4 of these fantastic confectionary creations.




And Kelly was so excited, she gave me a hug.


And then we ate them after a healthy dinner of fresh pasta with mushroom ragout.


Before:



Thirty seconds later:


After:


Turns out it dyes your mouth red.  But man they were good. red velvet cake, with red glossy cream cheese frosting on the outside and berry goo...now that is love on Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment