Friday 21 January 2011

EVERYTHING!!!!

There is an amazing exhibit here in London right now called the Museum of Everything, and it has, well, to put it mildly, almost everything you could possibly want to see in a succession of rooms.  It may be the best show I've seen in years.

This incarnation of the show is their third, and it completely focuses on outsider art and a strange collection of Victorian photographs of mostly midget circus performers.  And it's amazing.  It's been a really long time since I saw an exhibit that inspired me this much.  Not that there are ideas that I want to steal, but I walked out of the show chomping at the bit to get in the studio and wanting to know more about a few of the artists and the styles.  It never occurred to me that I need to learn sign painting techniques, or that embroidery could look that awesome when it depicts naked ladies.  I wish I could have taken photographs so I could show all of you how absolutely wonderful it was.  But here at least is the website, http://www.museumofeverything.com/ , and if you're in London see it before it closes...if you're not in London, well, um, you can buy a ticket to London and then go see it.

There aren't really any images on the website, so I found this one for you all ('cause I'm just so nice and want everyone to enjoy everything like I did)...http://www.theartsdesk.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2402:art-gallery-the-museum-of-everything&Itemid=23 They have an image from each part of the show (many of you will be surprised when I tell you that my favorite is Ted Willcox).

Enjoy everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment