Tuesday 30 June 2009

the end of London...

OK, you win, enough people want to know what I'm doing right now, at this moment, that I give up and here's the blog.

London, has been fantastic as usual. Hot, beautiful, summer weather (the locals are melting and I'm soaking up the rays). I wound up helping out my friend Kelly McCallum, a fellow artist who is awesome naturally, work on a piece that will be shown at Sotheby's in a few days. So even though I'm here on vacation I got to enjoy the thrill of deadlines, deadlines, deadlines, a future West Ham football star's birthday party in the park (Happy 10th birthday Ocean), and an amazing hail storm from the dry safety of a pub (that was entertaining...it involved a downpour, thunder, lighhtning, dime sized hail, and two naked men on bicycles) .

Oh the British, how we do love you.

Early in the morning I head off to Amsterdam for the residency. Despite all of my half hearted efforts, my Dutch is practically non-existent (although I can say: Deze man heeft ´een hand tegen zijn gezicht en de andere om zijn elleborg, but I don't know how to say "where's the restroom?"). Maybe Rosetta Stone isn't good for everything.

In grand British style, tonight we're barbequing my mother's famous ribs, some veg, and a pineapple that's been soaking in rum for 3 days. A glorious fairwell for me, silly (but fun) since I'll be back in a month.

So here I am, leaving an amazing artist's flat in Shoreditch with a view of the gerkin, on my way to the Red Light District with my own window...

2 comments:

  1. Hot Babe! You have to post pics from the red light district. At least of the view from your place, whatever it's like. It's mandatory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, Katie. We look forward to hearing the exciting updates! Maybe those two naked British men on the bicycles will reappear in Amsterdam?

    ReplyDelete